IIn the 21st century, an industrial technical expert will be expected
without fail to have a wide variety of knowledge in any field of human
activities as well as highly-developed technology. This is why even those
who specialize in technology should learn liberal arts, natural science
and other subjects in addition to their own specialized fields. Accordingly
in our college, special attention is given to the acquirement of the subjects
for general education, which correspond to those of senior high schools
in lower grades and those of universites in higher grades. Those subjects
are, however, interrelated from lower grades to higher grades so that students
can acquire a large quantity of knowledge as consistently and effectively
as possible within the limit of five years. Another advantage of the general
education in our college is that there are many substantial facilities
and equipments which can be freely utilized for class activities. By means
of these educational aids, the general education of our college is being
effectively carried on.
The Engineers to Be Trained in General Education (Humanities)Technical knowledge and specialties associated with technology are undeniably important to the present age. Additionally, exhaustive research efforts to attain knowledge with respect to international and historical circumstances coupled with insight based on the foursquare ethic are also required. Furthermore, let us not underestimate the importance of applying motivational development and learning ability into the aforementioned categories.
Human resources inevitably handle resources of information, knowledge, and technologies. The department aims to provide for the educational development, cultural enrichment and practical skills which can be applied to each respective technological field.
Based on the background criteria mentioned above, this department lists the criteria of Engineers in Training as follows:
Engineer to Be Trained
1. An engineer who can think about social problems with broad outlook and ethical sense by way of understanding historic and cultural background of the human race and respecting a viewpoint of other people and countries.
2. An engineer who can communicate in a bilingual environment.
3. An engineer who has cultural, geographic, and ethical perspecitive.
The Engineers to Be Trained in General Education (Natural Sciences)To utilize and develop well-served engineering for human beings, it is necessary to understand the rules of physics and chemistry as a basis of engineering and develop a scientific way of thinking. Since mathematics is the means that is required indispensability to express a scientific rule, engineers should learn its skills and ways of thinking adequately.
Furthermore, in order to live a healthy humanistic life using outcomes of technologies in the modern society, it is necessary to acquire the knowledge of healthcare and to understand the effects for physical education to give one’s mind and body through his or her own learning experience.
Based on the background criteria mentioned above, this department lists the figure of the engineers to be trained as follows:
Engineers to Be Trained
1. An engineer who has fundamental knowledge of mathematics, physics, and chemistry, and can apply them to a specialized field.
2. An engineer who has knowledge about the health of mind and body, and can live a healthy life.
Concrete Educational Objectives for Achievement
1. To understand historic and cultural background of the human race, and
to learn the basics of outlook on ethic in order to capture social problems
in deference to a viewpoint of other people and countries.
and Qualification to Be Attained in the Department of General Education
2. To acquire healthcare ability and physical strength in order to be an engineer with healthy mind and body, and to bring up breadth of mind and do his or her life wealthily through keen appreciation of arts, sense of cooperation, creativeness, imaginativeness.
3. To acquire the fundamental ability to describe, present, and discuss in Japanese.
4. To acquire the basic communication skills in English and German.
5. To acquire the fundamental knowledge of mathematics and natural science and the ability to solve problems with them
The educational objectives mentioned above are common to each specialized department corresponding to an associate bachelor course.